Time & Location
12 Aug 2021, 18:00 – 19:00
About the event
Zips don't have to be scary! This class is the perfect follow-on for anyone who attended my Sewing Machine Beginners workshop.
In this one hour class, I'll teach you how to sew with zips and make your own cute zipped pouch/pencil case/wash bag.
You will be sent a video of the workshop afterwards, so you can watch it back in your own time following the session.
NB: This is not a collaborative workshop. I will check some questions in the Q&A, but cannot guarantee every question will be answered. For closer tuition, please check our £25 workshops.
- Level: Beginner - Intermediate.
Aimed at those who have learned the basics, and now looking for a new sewing skill.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Sewing machine with a zip presser foot and a standard presser foot
- Sewing Scissors
- Tape Measure
- Cotton or linen fabric 40cm x 50cm
PREP BEFORE THE SESSION:
- You will need to pre-cut your piece of fabric as per the size instructions above.
- You will need to set your sewing machine up at a table and plug it in.
- Ensure you purchase any relevant products and materials in advance of the event.
- Ensure you have all your equipment, materials and assets ready to go as there is no preparation time in the workshop.
JOINING THE VIRTUAL WORKSHOP:
Our Virtual Workshops take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. On booking your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.
Zips Sewing Workshop£5.00