In this 1.5 hour live class, I'll teach you how to sew a boxy washbag with a zip. I'll share lots of hints and tips along the way to help your sewing skills progress. And we'll touch on quilting, in case you'd like to make a quilted washbag like in the picture.
>>You will be sent a video of the workshop afterwards, so you can watch it back in your own time following the session. <<
- Level: Beginner - Intermediate.
Aimed at those who have learned the basics, and now looking for a new sewing skill.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Sewing machine with a zipper foot and a standard presser foot
- Sewing Scissors
- Tape Measure
- Fabric pen / taillors chalk
- Cotton or linen woven fabric 2 pieces each measuring 40cm x 50cm
(You may want to use water resistant fabric for the lining. I often cut up a fabric shower curtain for this - it's more cost effective!)
- Zip 35cm with plastic teeth
- Iron & ironing board
PREP BEFORE THE SESSION:
- You will need to pre-cut your piece of fabric as per the size instructions above.
- You will need to set your sewing machine up at a table and plug it in.
- Ensure you purchase any relevant products and materials in advance of the event.
JOINING THE VIRTUAL WORKSHOP:
Our Virtual Workshops take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. On booking your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.