Zips don't have to be scary! This class is the perfect follow-on for anyone who attended my Sewing Machine Beginners workshop.
In this 1.5 hour live class, I'll teach you how to sew with zips and make your piped cushion using piping and bias binding.
>>You will be sent a video of the workshop afterwards, so you can watch it back in your own time following the session. <<
- Level: Beginner - Intermediate.
Aimed at those who have learned the basics, and now looking for a new sewing skill.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Sewing machine with a zipper foot and a standard presser foot
- Sewing Scissors
- Tape Measure
- Fabric pen / taillors chalk
- Cotton or linen woven fabric 2 pieces each measuring 45cm square
- Zip 30cm with plastic teeth
- Piping cord - 2 metres
- Iron & ironing board
PREP BEFORE THE SESSION:
- You will need to pre-cut your piece of fabric as per the size instructions above.
- You will need to set your sewing machine up at a table and plug it in.
- Ensure you purchase any relevant products and materials in advance of the event.
JOINING THE VIRTUAL WORKSHOP:
Our Virtual Workshops take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. On booking your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.